• New Debit Card Questions & Answers

    If you have a FDLCU debit card, you recently received a letter outlining the upcoming debit card changes. Some members have already called with questions so we thought it might be helpful to post them with the answers here.

    Will the new card have a chip?
    Yes - this was explained in the April 1 Newsletter you received with your statement, on our website and on Facebook.

    I am going to be on vacation when the cards switch, how will I access my money?
    You can get a Travel Money Card from the Credit Union (which is safer for travel anyway). Otherwise if you receive your new card before you leave - take it with you and activate it by phone and use it beginning May 8.

    Will it be the same PIN I have been using?
    No - You will receive a new PIN a couple days after your new card arrives. You may call the number in the letter to change the PIN if you would like it to be something easier for you to remember.

    I have recurring payments on the current card. How do I change it with the merchants (or utilities)?
    You should be able to edit your "payment method" when you log in to the accounts for which you have automatic payments set up. If you have trouble making the change, contact the merchant.

    Will the new debit card be able to be used as credit (like in the past)?
    Yes - you will be able to use the new card just as you did the old one.

    Will this new card replace my Credit Card?
    No - this is a debit card.
  • Debit Card and ATM Conversion Coming Soon

       We're upgrading your debit card to create better security for all of us!
       If you have a Fond du Lac Credit Union VISA debit card it will be replaced with MasterCard chip enhanced card to take advantage of new payment security standards that will help reduce card fraud.
       What's changing? VISA will be replaced by MasterCard and have an embedded computer chip that improves card security by generating a single-use code to validate the transaction. This code is virtually impossible to counterfeit and helps reduce in-store fraud.
       What’s staying the same? Your card will still have a magnetic stripe, so you can still use your card at merchants who haven’t installed the new chip card readers.
       When will I receive my new card? Your new MasterCard will arrive the end of April or the first few days of May. You must begin using your new card on May 8, 2017. Your old non-chip VISA will no longer work as of this date.
       Our ATM located at 126 N. Main Street will be unavailable from Thursday, May 4th through Monday, May 8th so it can be converted to accept EMV cards. The ATM at 91 N. Pioneer Road will be unavailable on May 8th only due to conversion.
  • 62nd Annual Meeting

    Fond du Lac Credit Union's 62nd Annual Meeting will be held at the Credit Union Office, 91 N. Pioneer Road on Thursday, March 16, 2017 at 5:15 p.m.
  • EMV Debit Cards Coming Soon

    Fond du Lac Credit Union is in the process of replacing current debit cards with EMV chip cards. The new EMV chip debit card will include the magnetic strip your current card has. This means that you will be able to use the EMV chip at retailers who support EMV processing, and the magnetic strip at all other locations. The change will take place in May. More information will be provided in our April Newsletter.
  • FDLCU Scholarships

    There's still time to submit your application for one of FDLCU's Scholarships.

    The Traditional Scholarship - $500:

    • Applicant must be a member of FDLCU, have a cumulative high school grade point average of at least 3 (on a 4 point scale), must have been involved in school and community activities.

    • Applicants must be a high school senior accepted for admission to a Technical College or University and be enrolled at least half-time in a degree or certificate program at one of the above stated schools for the fall term immediately following high school graduation.

    The Nontraditional Student Scholarship For

    Returning Adults and Single Parents - $500:

    •Applicant must be a member of Fond du Lac Credit Union.

    •Returning adult student with a commitment to learning and the potential for academic success.

    •Returning adult student or single parent who has experienced a significant gap in their education

    •Applicants must be enrolled at least half-time in a degree or certificate program at a Technical College or University.

    All applications must be received by April 1 and you can find the application at under About us, Applications & Forms.