Safe Deposit Boxes
Besides your family members and pets, what would you grab if you knew a natural disaster would hit your home in five minutes? Those items--anything that would be extremely difficult or impossible to replace--are candidates for a safe deposit box:
* Original copies of insurance policies, stock and bond certificates, titles and deeds, and other leases and contracts.
* Original certificates of marriage, birth, death, citizenship, education, and professional training.
* Rare coins and stamps, special jewelry, medals, negatives of irreplaceable photos, and other valuable collections.
* Inventory of the contents of your home--both in list form and on video.
Don't keep original items you may need immediately or in an emergency in a safe deposit box. Because you might need access to these items when we're closed, consider keeping copies in a safe deposit box and give the originals to your attorney:
* Original copies of wills.
* Living wills and power of attorney documents.
* Funeral and burial instructions.
Take an annual inventory of your safe deposit box's contents and store that inventory somewhere other than in the box. Store safe deposit box keys separately from keys to your home and car. Avoid storing them in an envelope with the name of the credit union on it, in case your home is robbed.Fond du Lac Credit Union has boxes available in a variety of sizes for a minimal annual fee.
|BOX SIZES||Annual Fee|
|3 x 5 Box||$15.00|
|3 x 10 Box||$22.00|
|5 x 10 Box||$35.00|
|10 x 10 Box||$60.00|
Access to safe deposit boxes is available Monday, Wednesday, Thursday and Friday from 8:00 am to 4:45 pm and on Tuesdays from 9:30 am to 4:45 pm.